One year with the Microsoft Band 2...Read More
Do Something Nice: http://www.childsplaycharity.org
In their own words: “Child’s Play seeks to improve the lives of children in hospitals around the world through the kindness and generosity of the video game industry and the power of play.”
Happy children opening holiday gifts
Yes, things are tight this year; very, very tight. But while you’re shopping this holiday season, if you can find a few extra dollars, this a great cause.
Think about it, won’t you?
You can donate gifts from the wishlists or cash, it’s up to you! Click below to get started:
Yesterday (4/6/15) I got an email letting me know that AmazonFresh is now available in my area.
The timing was great, as I had forgotten to submit my usual order for ShopRite From Home and I was running out of the important basics. You know, stuff like bread, milk, toilet paper, and the like.
So, I quickly placed my first AmazonFresh order, selecting the option that doesn’t require me to be home for delivery. But, just to be on the safe side, I selected the earliest delivery window, 7am - 10am, so hopefully the delivery would arrive before I had to leave.
Sure enough, at 7:01am I heard a vehicle outside… my delivery arrived! I went about my usual morning routine, then when I finished I went to check out the delivery. Despite that fact the all the emails had stated they would leave the order someplace other than the location I specified, the delivery person put them exactly where I had requested when I placed the order. Step 1: Success!
I brought everything inside, and every item I ordered was there - no problems at all. And all of the cool/cold stuff was at the perfect temperature. Step two: Success!
- If you place an order before 10AM, they’ll get it to you in time for dinner.
- You don’t have to be home when they deliver. They package the items that need to stay cool in dry ice. (Of course, that’s only good for a a couple of hours, so you do need to make sure you’ll be home within the windows.) Or you can schedule delivery for when you are home.
- You can order a wide variety of items, including produce, meats, veggies, and frozen items.
- You can also get non-grocery items included with the delivery.
- You can also get items from some local businesses.
- Delivery was free because I’m a Prime member. You do include a tip.
- Everything arrived fresh, in good condition, and the produce lasted the usual amount of time.
- Most prices were the same, or very close, to what I usually pay.
- They didn’t have a lot of my usual brands, but I was able to find suitable replacements in most cases.
- The items from local businesses are a bit pricey.
- Your order is delivered in green bags that need to be returned to Amazon. If you are tight on space in your home, this may be a problem.
- The cold items are packed in styrofoam, which needs to be returned to Amazon. (The do come apart, kinda like a puzzle, so they take up less space.)
To Wrap Up…
At this point, I don’t think AmazonFresh will replace ShopRite from Home for me, even with the $20 fee ShopRite charges. But it will come in handy from time to time; and if AmazonFresh starts to carry more of my favorite brands, maybe more than that.